Tuesday 17 September 2013

So here we go I have decided to begin my post with some rules. I know... I know.. no one likes rules. But I have noticed in my quest to be an optimist and a nice person that others are unsure about how to do this. So over the next few days I will give you some of my rules that may make your life a little easier. Starting of course with

Rule Number 1 – Avoid conflict. This is problematic because you must be able to spot conflict before it erupts. If you don’t see it coming, you are likely to be caught right in the middle of it with no way out except crying on the ground in a fetal position. (This does work but it is recommended that you use it only in emergencies… if you overuse it people will just think you are crazy.) So, learn to spot conflict. For instance, two friends are miscommunicating. I am assuming of course that you are a good communicator yourself. If not you will fail this step and there is no reason to continuing reading. At this point I wish you well, adieu, and other such words of goodbye mixed with endearment. If, however, you are a good communicator you should be able to see the germination of conflict before it occurs. It is important to then avoid these two particular friends any time that they are likely to meet and thus further their grounds for miscommunication. Now you may be thinking, ‘why don’t I just step in and clear up the misunderstanding?’ This is noble and I applaud you for your bravery. However, this will only lead to your demise. And brings me to another point: When trying to avoid conflict ALWAYS listen to the voice inside your head that says SHUT UP! It usually chimes in when you have a really good and noble thing to say about something you find important. You think, ‘I should really speak up about that’ and the other voice says ‘SHUT UP’. Always shut up.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I must be one of your fans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lone your "lower your eyes and avoid eye contact" great advice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. above anonymous meant "love" not lone

    ReplyDelete