Thursday 5 December 2013


Rule number 7  -  How to assist those around you to continue being an optimist/nice person even if you are not. PART ONE.


Now I may be breaking one of my rules here slightly but if you recall in the little sidebar thingy to the right -> I reserved the right to be bossy. SO here it goes …

When making any decision, please take just a few minutes of your overall decision making time to determine just how big your contribution will be to someone's overall level of annoyance or possible insanity.

Questions you could ask yourself:
 

 
Because here is how it affects me when I am writing. It often ends up looking like this:

I am not sure how I got here. I have just experienced the terrible feeling  that I have not been awake for the last Gotta git dat   twenty minutes of the drive. git dat   I chastise myself, turn the music up a little louder and roll the window down. 

Gotta git dat boom boom pow

The bitter cold annoys me sufficiently to wake me up. As  I am following a long bend, I suddenly have to hit the brakes, hard. A small blue hatchback has boom boom pow  stopped just ahead, not quite off the road, lights on and its door is open.  I pull up behind it,

You’re the reason all those cute girls havin babies
trying inconspicuously to press down the lock on my door. cute girls havin babies Now what? Clearly this is not a good situation for a woman by herself but what if someone needs help? Cause baby you o o o o o o o make me feel alright. Cause baby you o o o o o o make me feeeeel alright. I reach for my cell phone; no signal, of course.  I roll down the window, just slightly, to see if  you o o o o o o make me feeeeel alright I can hear anyone. Nothing, just an owl in the distance. Great! Why does there have to be an owl?  I decide it is time to act. As I exit the safety of my vehicle.

Bubble yum bum bad um bam bad um. Bubble yum bum ba dum bum be dum.

“Hello?” I say, too softly for Bubble yum bum anyone to hear. “Hello!?” I try, a little louder. I peer into the darkness but the lights  Bubble yum from both cars have made it impossible to see.  I start edging down the embankment when I hear another car pull up. I peer back over the road’s edge and see a man,  Bubble yum bum ba dum bum be dum about my age, getting out of his truck as cautiously as I did. His face mirrors my fear and I cover my mouth to avoid giggling. yum bum  Someone this scared can’t be a threat. I raise myself up and give him a wave – he jumps so far he  Ummm ummm Bubble yum bum ba dum bum be dum. Oh  never mind.

If you have decided that you don't care how your music choice is affecting everyone around you, when I pull back the curtain angrily, could you at least give me the satisfaction of a well placed glare? I mean, I stand there for like ten minutes glaring at you. So, could you at least look up and pretend to be afraid of me?
Thanks




 

1 comment: